Mutual Fund Agent is the one who helps in buying and selling of Mutual Funds India through investors and earn a commission for bringing in investors in the Mutual Fund scheme. He/She also advises the investors about various schemes of the Mutual Fund house. Every mutual fund is registered with SEBI (Securities Exchange Board of India) and therefore, is very safe. He helps the investors in carrying out Investment transactions relating to investing, switching between mutual funds or redemption. And guide them periodically on the performance of their investment.
He needs to track the functioning and performance of the Mutual Fund industries. Moreover, this type of agent has to conduct quantitative and qualitative analysis using the database, monitor regulatory information, and interview portfolio manager. They also have to keep an eye on important developments in the fund industry, markets, and the economy.
He needs to deeply coordinate and collaborate with the fund research time to identify the best investment options and risks. This helps to create a database with fund recommendations and conclusions.
Mutual Fund Eligibility
- The minimum qualification to give this exam is class 12 or class 10 with 3 years of diploma.
- Age Limit: The candidate should be of 18 years or above to become a Mutual Fund Agent.
To be a Mutual Fund Agent the aspiring candidates should have given skills:
- Ability to streamline quantitative research for interest rates.
- He should know how to analyze debt and loan portfolio performance.
- Mutual Fund distributors should know how to perform credit appraisal with global practices.
- The agent enhances the Basel based internal rating system.
- Mutual Fund Advisor should know how to generate better trade ideas & identify problem loans.
- He should be able to build & maintain credit risk models.
- The agent should be able to make lending and recommendations of Best investment plans.
- And agents should know how to design credit strategy and credit portfolios.
How To Become Mutual Fund Agent
To Become a Mutual Fund Agent, You need to follow these steps:
Apply for and clear the Certification Examination for Mutual Fund Distributors as held by the NISM series V-A.
Once you have cleared the NISM Series V-A. Now you are eligible to be an Agent by getting registered with AMFI through CAMS-KRA office.
You fill your KYD (Know your Distributor) details and fill in the AMFI Registration Form (ARN). It is an Application Form that needs your basic details. These details should match the details provided at the time of the NISM Exam.
You can personally visit any of the CAMS-KRA offices or fill the ARN Application Form online. If you are, however, not KYD compliant, you will have to visit personally only and complete your Biometrics Verification there.
Upon completion of the process, you will be delivered your ARN Card within a few days at your registered address.
The first thing to do, once you have received your ARN is to get registered or impaneled with an AMC or Mutual Fund House. This AMC will provide you training, marketing material, guide you through sales and, of course, give you the Commission for your work completed.
After completing class 10 along with the 3-year diploma or class12 from any stream. Also, the candidate needs to pass an exam conducted by the National Institute of Security Market i.e, series VA Mutual Fund Distribution Certificate. And so after clearing this exam the person is eligible to become a Mutual Fund Advisor. It will be prudent for aspiring candidates to hold a bachelor’s degree like b.com Honors, BA Honors, etc. The person needs to make sure that his stream includes subjects like economics, accounting tax, and finance or investment analysis.
Learn About :Best Equity Mutual Funds
Training Institute in India-
- Forex Keys (VJS Academy), Vishakapatnam
- Kunjbihari’S Goyal Online Academy for Learning and Development(GOLD), Mumbai
- Sydenham College of Commerce and Economics, Mumbai
- Equity Analysis Inc, Mumbai
- New Era Institute of Professional Studies(NIPS), New Delhi
- Dalal Street Investor Academy, Pune
- Focus Educare PVT Ltd, Banglore
- CSE Institute of Capital Market, Kochi
- The Great N Fear- Institute of Technical Analysis, Ahmedabad
- Datta Institute for Stock Market Education, Hyderabad
- Stock Market Institute(SMI), Banglore
- And so Jain Arbitrage Destination, New Delhi
Certificates Required To Become Mutual Fund Agent-
- NISM Series V(a): Agent Distribution Certificate Examination.
- NISM Series V(a): Mutual Fund Agent Distribution Continuing Professional Examination
- AMFI Mutual Fund(Advisor) Module
- IICM: Refresher Course of Mutual Fund
- CIEL: Refresher Course of Mutual Fund
They need to track debt market trends, interacting with the fund manager, preparing the sector reports, preparing reports on mutual funds and new offerings. Also, meeting new clients. Mutual Fund provides long term career options. Moreover, an agent has to fulfill these various roles and responsibilities,
- Beginning with the management of equity,
- Also, debt and diversified fund with the support of the research desk,
- Taking accountable investment
- In addition, the exit decision for the fund,
- Delivering superior returns compared to the benchmark returns
- And so monitoring investments regularly to find newer investment options.
Agent Career Prospects-
The agent is highly in demand and requires a sound knowledge of equity and debt markets. Also, the mutual fund industry offers a diverse range of career opportunities for individuals with a magnitude of backgrounds. These include
- Product development,
- And compliance
across management levels. The scope of employment in this area has increased because foreign players are entering.
- The salary range of the agent is based on experience. An agent having 1-2 years of experience can get a salary up to 50,000/- to 80,000/-.
- After working for a few years more when you are more experienced with the job. Have a greater knowledge about Mutual Fund securities then the salaries increase up to Rs 1,00,000/- to 2,00,000/- pm.
- And so it’s a great option nowadays and even can earn lakhs of rupees.
So to be a mutual fund advisor, you should be of 18 years and minimum qualification is class 12 or class 10 with 3 years of diploma. The exam you need to pass is the National Institute of Securities Markets(NISM) V-A certification exam. Also, the starting salary of a candidate with 1-2 years of experience is around 50000/-. And so It’s a great option in today’s era and a person may earn lakhs of rupees through it.
If you want to know the Best Performing Mutual Funds India. And make the best profits on your money. Get in touch with the team of experts at Wealthbucket where our aim is to simplify compliances. Let us guide you to reap the benefits Debt Mutual fund, Large Cap Mutual fund or Multi-Cap Mutual fund, to achieve your objectives.
Ring us at +91 8750005655. or shoot on our email at [email protected].
[su_button url=”https://www.wealthbucket.in/mutual-fund-agent/” target=”blank” size=”6″]Become Mutual Fund Agent[/su_button]
Frequently Asked Questions
Clear the Certification Examination for Mutual Fund Distributors as held by the NISM series V-A.
Get registered as an agent with AMFI through the CAMS-KRA office.
You fill your KYD (Know your Distributor) details and fill in the AMFI Registration Form (ARN)
You can personally visit any of the CAMS-KRA offices or fill the ARN Application Form online.
Your ARN Card will be delivered within a few days at your registered address.
(a) NISM Series V (a): Mutual Fund Distributors Certification Examination
(b) NISM Series V (a): Mutual Fund Distributors Continuing Professional Education
(c) AMFI Mutual Fund (Advisors) Module
(d) IICM: Refresher Course on Mutual Funds*
(e) CIEL: Refresher Course on Mutual Funds*
A commission from the clien
One-time transaction charge